WTA is committed to protecting online users’ privacy. WTA believes that protection of personal privacy on the Internet is its responsibility – to assure user confidence, increase participation in online activities, and support effective delivery of services. WTA intends to give you as much control as possible over your personal information.The purpose of this Policy is to inform you about the types of information WTA may gather when you visit its site, how it may use that information, whether it will disclose it to anyone, and the choices you have regarding WTA’s use of, and your ability to correct, your information.
If you send us an electronic mail message with a question or comment that contains personal identification information or fill out an online engagement form, WTA will only use the personally identifiable information to respond to your request and analyze trends.WTA may redirect your message to another government agency who is in a better position to answer your question.
1. THE TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED AND HOW THIS INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
A. Information Gathered From Any Visitor to the Site
When a user visits the Platform, WTA may collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.Additionally, as you browse the Platform, WTA may collect information about the individual pages that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site.WTA refers to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information” and use Google Analytics to compile and organize this information into reports.
WTA may collect Device Information using a variety of technologies, including the following:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
B. Potentially Personal Information
It is possible that some or all use of the Platform will be restricted to users who create an account, which may be based upon your email address and a chosen password.This information may constitute “Personal Information.”
2. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
3. HOW AND WITH WHOM WTA MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
WTA may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect WTA’s rights.
4. WASHINGTON’S PUBLIC RECORDS ACT
WTA is a public municipality, and is therefore subject to the requirements of the Washington State Public Records Act, RCW Chapter 42.56 (“Act”).Information provided on the Platform is subject to disclosure under the Act, subject to exceptions that protect Personal Information.
5. HOW TO CONTACT WTA
For more information about WTA’s privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, or find out about how your personal information is being handled with third parties, or to change any of your personal information, please contact email@example.com.